Regular Food Guy Chef

It's all about me and delicious and easy viddles.

Monday, September 04, 2006

Old Fashioned Meatloaf

Meatloaf might not be everyone's idea of gourmet food, but I love it. Tonight I made meatloaf with mashed taters, brown gravy and I was too lazy to go back out to the store, so canned corn (ouch).


Old Fashioned Meatloaf


Prep Time: one hour

Cooking Time: 90 minutes

Serves: 6-8

Time from prep to plating: 2 and a half hours

Ingredients

2 lbs. chop meat
3 cloves garlic, passed through a garlic press
2 yellow onions, diced
1/2 cup of bread crumbs
2 eggs
2 tbs. Mrs. Dash

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Once you have everything incorporated place the mixture into a 9" X 5" loaf pan (spray with a non-stick substance).

Place in preheated oven at 325 degress for 90 minutes.

Mashed Taters

About 8-9 Idaho spuds, peeled and diced. Boil until tender. Drain and place back into pot. Add 2 tsp. of butter and 1/4 cup of half and half (I like to use half and half sometimes, it makes the taters creamier). Use a mixer on high until smooth and uniform.

I also used can brown gravy (sorry I was really lazy tonight ). Pretty easy to make, cleanup is a snap and it IS tasty. Serves 6-8. Plate 'er up and Bon Apetitè!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home